Sunday, January 13, 2008

CT Scan "Normal"

Good news. Of the three things wrong with me (physically wrong that is) two have dissipated. In mid-November Infectious Disease docs at the Mayo Clinic pronounced that I was meningitis free. I have now been pronounced free of hydrocephalus. The shunt seems to be working properly.

The remaining issue is the optic nerves, but given the results of this CT scan it is probably only a matter of time before the swelling of the optic nerves (papillidema) is also a thing of the past.

I return this month to the opthamaologist to have the optic nerves checked again. I will let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know you are well past wanting this over! I am so happy that things are looking brighter each day!
Paul

Anonymous said...

Charles
What good news!
I ran into Gwen and she said you have an appt. with Jonathan Hodes. He is a friend of ours and I think you will be well treated.
I'm praying this is all over soon.
Love, Lynn