Monday, December 17, 2007

Perking Along

I vested for the Saturday evening worship service. The first time I have been in vestments since July 22.

I did not, as I had hoped, vest for the 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. services. I missed the 8 entirely and sat in a pew in the back for the 10. but my "experiment" was successful in that I know my current "energy level." I am better, but I am not yet "back."

I certainly could push myself and do more, but that probably would not be good for my long term recovery. So, I am trying to listen to my body.

I do believe the shunt is working and will return me to normal in short order.

I still, however, have not found a local neurosurgeon to take me as a patient. But I have not yet given up looking.

Chas.

1 comment:

Crutch said...

Great news.

In a parallel case I got on a plane with a cold and it got shoved into my ears. Like you, I've been waiting for all the liquid to drain out for three weeks so I can hear again. Takes forever.

I would think that the "powers that be" at Mayo would be able to pick up the phone and firmly ask one of their buddies down here to look after you -- it shouldn't be totally your responsibility, the docs in Rochester set your cure in motion, they should have recommendations. My $ .02

Carlile