Friday, September 28, 2007

mid day report

Friday at Noon. One last appointment (a Lumbar Puncture), and we are done for the week. We plan on driving back to Kentucky tommorow, probably spending the night half-way (but we shall see how I am feeling--maybe we can drive straight through).

I am at a good place to access the progress of the week.

Monday we saw the internist and did the usual blood and urine work ups. I also had a chest x-ray.

On Wednesday, I saw the neurologist, who ordered more tests (more blood and urine and an MRI of my head). The nuerologist also referred me to a neuro-opthamoloogist. The neurologist's working hypothesis seems to be that I may have sarcoidosis.

On Thursday, I saw the infectious disease doc, who ordered more tests, including a lumbar puncture. His working hypothesis is that I have a fungal infection.

Thursday was also the day I did the MRI and the second round of blood and urine tests.

Today (Friday) I tried to get into see the neuro-opthamalogist in the a.m. (I arrived at 6:45 a.m.), but no luck so far. If I have not gotten in by early afternoon it will have to wait until my return to Mayo next week.

3 comments:

Anne Fontaine Downs Richter (Vouga) said...

It sounds like you are making some progress now. I hope you got in to see the neuro-opthalmologist this afternoon, and I pray that you will have a safe trip back to Louisville--and a somewhat restful week at home, without waiting rooms, pokings or proddings!
Anne

Crutch said...

Weight loss: A year or so ago when you were promoting we all lose weight I stumbled into a computer program I wonder if you've used -- Fit Day.

It can act as your disciplinarian, guilt giver and instructor. It stores 85% of what we all eat. I tracked my daily consumption in a small address book and scored myself each evening against my goal.

Things I kind of knew I should avoid racked up the calories and destroyed my numbers. Quietly I changed three or four habits and nobody was involved but me and the computer.

When all else fails . . .

Hope you have a safe trip home; it's a long drive.

Carliler1

Paul said...

Charles, I truly miss you and want you to know I am praying for your health, the kids and Katherine as well. Please know if there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to call. Grace and Peace my friend!
Paul