Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another Day...

As predicted, today was very busy. I started with urine testing at 6:45 a.m. (I am carrying around a jar the size of a countertop pickle jar), followed by an MRI at 7:15. After MRI I had another blood test, followed by my first visit with my infectious disease doc.

I was supposed to be fasting until my blood test. Didn't get to eat, however, until lunch. The dye of the MRI made me sick. I had to go back to our room to change clothes.

After lunch, however, I began to feel better. I saw my internist mid-afternoon. He told me to loose weight and keep an eye on my cholesterol and that he didn't need to see me again. He said that if the neurologist and the infectious disease docs come up with anything, he would write me.

On the brighter side of things, I really liked both the neurologist and the infectious disease docs. Both had several new theories to test and they (unlike my internist, seem more focused on why I am here and) want to see me again.

Tommorow I have a lumbar puncture and with any luck will see the neuro-opthamalogist. I think I am coming home on the weekend, be home for a week and then return for more quality time with the nuerologist and the infectious disaese doc.

No comments: